HLTAID006 – PROVIDE ADVANCED FIRST AID (Training & Assessment delivered on behalf of RTO 32273 – First Aid Advantage)
HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid, also incorporating the units:
– HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
– HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
– HLTAID001 Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
approx. 7 to 9 hours face-to-face delivery, depending on prior knowledge.
$225/pp GST free (group discounts apply, please contact us for details)
Payment can be made by cash or card, with tax invoice issued on the day. Amex is accepted.
If payment is made by an employer or company an invoice will be sent after the course for payment.
HOW TO BOOK:
Please call us on 0439 324 848 (before 9 pm at night), or text anytime. You can also contact us by emailing email@example.com .
Classroom – Face to Face
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY REQUIREMENTS
Participants will require suitable LLN skills to complete the following tasks/skills:
- Read information from a PowerPoint and whiteboard
- Listen and understand verbal information delivered by an English-speaking trainer
- Complete written incident reports forms in EnglisH
- Read and answer a multiple-choice question paper
- Read and answer a short-written answer test
- Listen to instructions of an Automated External Defibrillator where prompts are delivered in English
There is no prior learning required for the full course. It is recommended that candidates are 14 in the calendar year they attempt the course. Candidates must also be able to perform CPR on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
Theory assessment and practical demonstrations throughout and at the end of the course..
REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPLETION:
100% attendance and participation.
At the successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a statement of attainment valid for 3 years. Please note that the CPR component of the training is only valid for 12 months and should be updated annually.
Certificate will be emailed to the student as soon as possible after course completion – usually within 24 hours.
OVERVIEW (training includes, but is not limited to):
- CPR on adults and babies; Chain of Survival; DRSABCD; Duty of Care; own Limitations; Consent; Use of Defibrillators; Accident/Incident Report Forms, Unconsciousness; Burns; Injuries to the body; Infection Control; Sprains; Fractures; Dislocations; Envenomation; Bites & Stings; Asthma; Anaphylaxis; Seizures; Choking & Respiratory Distress; Convulsions; Diabetes; Shock; Stroke; Cardiac Conditions; Dehydration; Confidentiality; Debriefing & Stress Management; Respectful behaviour, and Legal, Workplace and Community considerations; Spinal Injuries; Bag-valve-mask ventilation; assessment of vital signs (respiration, pulse and temperature); communicating with a first aid team providing direction and coordination; basic triage of multiple casualties; emergency childbirth; providing first aid to children.