HLTPAT004- Collect pathology specimens other than blood (Training & Assessment delivered on behalf of RTO 32273 – First Aid Advantage)
HLTPAD005- Collect Specimens for Drugs of Abuse Testing
This Drug and Alcohol Testing training course is a nationally accredited course designed to train people in how to conduct drug and alcohol testing. This unit applies to any individual for whom specimen collection is part of the job role. They may be working in collection centres, hospitals, mines, sporting clubs, rehab centres or other health care environments. This course will enable learners to understand how to complete Drug and Alcohol testing in the workplace in a safe, legal and ethical manner.
It is a requirement for firms collecting urine or oral fluid samples who wish to meet Australian Standards to have their collectors trained as per the definition of a collector under AS/NZS4308:2008 and AS4760:2006.
This qualification supersedes HLTPAT304D and HLTPAT410D.
6 hours face-to-face delivery. No pre-course work required.
$540.00/pp GST free. (group discounts apply, contact us for a quote)
Payment can be made by cash or case, with a tax invoice issued on the day.
If payment is made by an employer or company an invoice will be sent after the course for payment.
How to Book:
Please call us on 0439 324 848 (before 9 pm at night), or text anytime. You can also contact us by emailing email@example.com .
Classroom, Face to Face
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Requirements
Participants will require suitable LLN skills to complete the following tasks/skills:
- Read information from a PowerPoint and whiteboard
- Listen and understand verbal information delivered by an English-speaking trainer
- Complete written incident reports forms in English
- Read and answer a multiple-choice question paper
- Read and answer a short-written answer test
There is no prior learning required for this course.
Assessment is at the end of the course to show the instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage collecting & testing.
This will consist of a theory assessment and practical demonstrations.
Requirements for Completion:
100% attendance and participation.
At the successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a statement of attainment HLTPAD004 – Collect pathology specimens other than blood.
Certificate will be emailed to the student and organisation as soon as practicable after the event – usually within 24 hours.
Summary of Topics covered:
- Outline the responsibilities of a collector and the employee
- Detail best practice principles to ensure privacy and confidentiality
- Duty of care, provision of information, fairness, and gender and cultural sensitivity
- Plan & conduct appropriate testing activities
- Respectful communication about testing activities & outcomes
- Respond effectively to testing challenges including positive test results
- Providing testing in remote locations, dealing with refusal, or failure to undergo testing
- Outline notification and record keeping requirements for
- D&A testing
- Chain of Custody procedure