PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
This unit covers the competency required to implement the emergency response specified in the workplace emergency procedures or specified by a person at a higher level in the emergency control organisation. People who undertake this work will be working within the command, control and coordinate structure of the emergency control organisation.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
At the successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment Fire Extinguisher PUAWER005B Confine small workplace emergencies. This will be emailed to the student (and the company) as soon as practicable after the course – usually within 24 hours.
This Certificate does not have an expiry date; however it is recommended for renewal every 2 years. Health and Safety Legislation states that the PCBU/Employer must ensure that people remain competent to perform their various tasks.
Approx 3.5 hours face-to-face delivery. No pre-course work required.
$160/pp GST Free. (group discounts apply – please contact us for a quote).
Payment can be made by cash or card, with tax invoice issued on the day. Amex is accepted.
If payment is made by an employer or company, an invoice will be sent after the course for payment
How to Book:
You can book online 24 hrs a day by selecting here, or call 0439 324 848 (before 9 pm at night), or text anytime.
You can also contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Classroom Face to Face
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Requirements:
Participants will require suitable LLN skills to complete the following tasks/skills:
- Read information from a PowerPoint and whiteboard
- Listen and understand verbal information delivered by an English-speaking trainer
- Read and answer a multiple-choice question paper, complete a short written Incident Report Form and a short-written answer test
- Participants are also required to have the physical abilities to successfully complete any practical applications of the course.
There is no prior learning required for the full course.
Assessment is at the end of the course to show the instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a situation.
This will consist of a theory assessment and practical demonstrations.
Requirements for Completion:
100% attendance and participation.
- prepare for emergency situations
- identify and assess the emergency
- safely contain small workplace emergencies where possible
- use initial response equipment on small un-established workplace fires and
- report those workplace emergencies.
- WH&S requirements and current legislation
- Warden roles and responsibilities
- Building Safety
- Fire drills and fire prevention measures
- Evacuation and assembly priorities and procedures
- The R.A.C.E system of fire safety
- Fire, bomb threats, medical emergencies and other emergencies
- Identifying the correct fire extinguishers
The course will include participants demonstrating extinguisher use in a simulated workplace emergency situation and demonstration of a fire blanket.