HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (Training & Assessment delivered on behalf of RTO 32273 – First Aid Advantage)
(Formally Senior First Aid / Apply First Aid / Level 2)
The course covers the necessary skills and knowledge required to provide First Aid responses, life support, management of the casualty/casualties, the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Incorporating the content of units HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support.
Kirwan, Townsville Qld
Approx 5 to 6.5 hours, face-to-face delivery, depending on prior knowledge.
$110/pp GST free (group discounts apply – please contact us for a quote)
Payment can be made by cash or card, with a tax invoice issued on the day. (Amex is accepted).
If payment is made by an employer or company, an invoice will be sent after the course for payment.
How to Book:
You can book online 24 hrs a day on our website – coast2countrytraining.com.au, or call 0439 324 848 (before 9 pm at night), or text anytime. You can also contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Face to Face in a classroom situation
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements:
Participants will require suitable LL & N skills to complete the following tasks/skills:
- Read information from a PowerPoint and whiteboard
- Listen and understand verbal information delivered by an English-speaking trainer
- Complete written incident reports forms in English
- Read and answer a multiple-choice question paper and short written answer test
- Listen to the instructions of an Automated External Defibrillator where prompts are delivered in English
There is no prior learning required for the full course. It is recommended that candidates are 14 in the calendar year they attempt the course. (consideration will be given to younger students, please contact us).
Candidates must also be able to perform CPR on resuscitation manikins placed on the floor. Please contact us on 0439 324 848 if you have any concerns or queries, or if you feel you may have difficulty with this.
Assessment is at the end of the course to show the instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation. This will consist of a theory assessment and practical demonstrations. 100% attendance and participation is required to complete.
At the successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment valid for 3 years. The CPR component of the training is valid for 12 months, and should be updated annually.
A Statement of Attainment will be emailed to the student & company as soon as practicable upon course completion, usually within 24 hours.
Units on the Statement of Attainment:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Topics covered are as per the Australian Resuscitation Council’s guidelines, and training.gov.au.
Overview (training includes, but is not limited to):
- CPR on adults and babies; Chain of Survival; DRSABCD; Duty of Care; own Limitations; Consent; Use of Defibrillators; Accident/Incident Report Forms, Unconsciousness; Burns; Injuries to the body; Infection Control; Sprains; Fractures; Dislocations; Envenomation; Bites & Stings; Asthma; Anaphylaxis; Seizures; Choking & Respiratory Distress; Convulsions; Diabetes; Shock; Stroke; Cardiac Conditions; Dehydration; Confidentiality; Debriefing & Stress Management; Respectful behaviour, and Legal, Workplace and Community considerations.